Top Ten Tuesday is an awesome meme hosted by The Broke & The Bookish. This week’s TTT I have decided to do top ten book characters that I would name a child after. I know that it is already Wednesday but I loved this week’s topic so decided to do it anyway.
- Charlotte, from Charlotte’s Web. While Charlotte isn’t a particularly ‘unique’ name, but Charlotte’s Web is a beautiful book which makes the name seem even more special.
- Wilbur, also from Charlotte’s Web. I know, two names from the same book… but Wilbur is such a cute name that I couldn’t resist. I don’t know if I would necessarily call a child Wilbur…
- Summer, from Summer’s Dream (Which is part of the Series The Chocolate Box Girls)
- Ruby, from Ruby Redfort. I LOVE Ruby Redford so this was an obvious choice.
- Clancy, also from Ruby Redfort. What can I say? Another pretty obvious choice…
- Josephine, from Looking For Alibrandi. Josephine is a really pretty name and I love Looking For Alibrandi
- Harriet, From Geek Girl. Not only is Harriet hilarious, she is also really clever and pretty…
- Ivy, from Ivy & Bean. I loved Ivy & Bean when I was younger and while I wouldn’t call a child Bean, Ivy is certainly an option.
- Matilda, (obviously) from Matilda. Roald Dahl is one of my all time favourite authors full stop. And Matilda is up there with my top Roald Dahl books.
- Clementine, from Clementine Rose. I really like the name Clementine and have often thought about stealing the name Clementine Rose.
- Jacinta &
- Millie, both from the Alice-Miranda series which I was obsessed with when I was younger. While it isn’t one of my favourite books, both of these names are super cute.
- Samantha, from The Memory Book. The Memory Book was a really beautiful book and I felt really close to the main character, Samantha.
- Cooper, also from The Memory Book, this is probably the most deserving one on this list; I now like the name Cooper just from reading The Memory Book.
- Hazel, The Fault in Our Stars. Another deserving name; after reading The Fault in Our Stars I loved the name Hazel.
- August from Wonder. Yet another very deserving contender; August, the main character from Wonder, is an amazing person (/character) and although he has a face deformity is still a ‘beautiful’ person.
I know, I was only supposed to do 10. But after doing 10 I figured, why stop? How did you interpret this week’s TTT theme? Please leave your link below if you want me to stop by.