Top Ten Tuesday is a super cool meme hosted by the people over at The Broke and The Bookish. This week’s theme is a holiday gift guide freebie. As I have been reading a lot of cool and different young adult novels lately, I have decided to do a list of the top ten books to buy anyone who loves a good YA book! Most of the books would be classified as contemporary YA, however, there are a few that could be put into different sub genres to YA… I have tried to include a good mix of books to suit people interested in many different genres and topics! 🙂 In no particular order:
- Everything Everything, Nicola Yoon– There has been a lot of hype surrounding this book lately and for good reason! This book is sweet, soft, heart warming and really makes you think about forgiveness and letting go.
- The Honest Truth, Dan Gemeinhart– I absolutely loved The Honest Truth. It was so raw and true that it felt more like I was reading a beautifully written autobiography, rather than a fictional story.
- Between the Lines, Jodi Picoult and Samantha Van Leer– A super cute, intriguing and unique (love) story about a book character trying to escape a fairy tale.
- Words in Deep Blue, Cath Crowley– Another awesome read! While this book calls itself a love story, it is about more than just love; subjects such as friendship, grief and loss are all explored.
- Looking for JJ, Anne Cassidy- This one is a little different to some of the others on this list as it is a crime thriller, while many of the books on this list are more contemporary or romantic. No matter the genre, this book kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time I was reading it. I don’t want to give any spoilers, so all I will say is; IT WAS AMAZING! 🙂
- Ruby Redfort, Lauren Child- Many of you have probably realised by now that I am a major fan of Lauren Child’s series, Ruby Redfort. The books would make a perfect gift for any mystery/crime/action etc. lover!
- Looking for Alibrandi, Marlina Marchetta- An absolute classic, this is a great one to add to someone’s bookshelf… I am sure they will read it more than a few times!
- Any of the books in the Choose Your Own Ever After Series, by a variety of authors- the Choose Your Own Ever After books are super cool, you essentially choose how the story goes and make all of the major decisions for the main character!
- The Geek Girl Books, Holly Smale- I love these books; they are hilarious and so relatable! I am sure that anyone would enjoy getting a couple of the books to add to their collection; I know I certainly would!
- Come Back Como, Steven Winn- This book is actually an autobiography from the point of view of the owner of this troublesome dog! It certainly feels like a fictional story though! While I have read reviews where people have said that they felt like it was a copy of Marley and Me, I disagree; yes, it has it’s similarities (it’s still HILARIOUS and true) but this book is different in it’s own way!
Have you read any of the books on my list? What did you do for TTT this week? Leave your comments below; I would love to hear from you! 🙂