It’s nearly Christmas! Soon the 12 day Christmas countdown will begin, and although I didn’t get around to buying an advent calendar this year, I have designed my dream advent calendar which includes some of the books I that have been on my TBR for a while, some which I have heard a lot about (recently) and some of the sweetest festive books I could find.
While I have not actually read any/many of the books on this list, they are all books I would love to add to my shelf this festive season and the perfect reason to treat myself is through an advent calendar! I know that most advent calendars start on the 1st of December, but as this is my advent calendar; I make the rules! 🙂 Click on the title to go to to Goodreads page.
- 14th- Eleanor & Park. I have never read a book by Rainbow Rowell but I have heard that her books are really good. This one seems like a sweet young love story; perfect for the festive season!
- 15th- Models Don’t Eat Chocolate Cookies. I have had this book on my TBR list for a while now. It looks both funny and cute which would make it the perfect book to have on my bookcase (so that I can read it over & over) 🙂
- 16th- Geek Girl (Special)- All Wrapped Up. I have read this adorable novella before, but I am more than willing to read it again, especially now that it is actually Christmas!
- 17th- The Mystery of The Clockwork Sparrow- The Sinclair’s Mysteries #1. This sounds like a really fun, festive, old fashioned mystery.
- 18th- Fish in a Tree. I like the look of this sweet middle-grade story about a young girl with dyslexia. Although it seems a little predictable, I am willing to give it a go.
- 19th- Lost in the Sun. I like that this middle-grade novel has aspects of mystery involved while still being a relatable story about a boy trying to start afresh.
- 20th- The Truth About Twinkie Pie. I love baking, and as this book is all about a baking contest and is filled with lots of sweet recipes, it sounds like a book this I would love!
- 21st- The Seventh Most Important Thing. I really want to read this book as it sounds really different to anything I have ever read before.
- 22nd- Forget Me Not. I am a big fan of realistic fiction and tend to read a lot of ‘sick-lit’ books. According to the reviews, this book is “Simple, and beautiful, and heartfelt”. I also like the fact that it is written in verse.
- 23rd- Nine, Ten: A September 11 Story. I always like a good historical novel…
- 24th- Amateurs- Amateurs #1. This book is a little different to some of the others on this list as it is more of a crime thriller than romance etc. The plot seems original and genuinely intriguing.
- 25th-Heartless. I have heard a lot about this book recently and as it is set in Wonderland, it seems like a great book to get on Christmas.