Top Ten Tuesday is a reoccurring meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. The topic for this week is about the top ten books on your winter TBR. As I live in the southern hemisphere, I’m changing this to my summer TBR instead. So, without further ado, the books that I’m planning/hoping to read this summer:
- Fish out of Water, Natalie Whipple. This one seems like a fun, light-hearted summer read.
- Emmy and the Home for Troubled Girls, Lynne Jonell. There’s something about the title that just really interests me, I’m hoping that the novel itself will be just as interesting.
- Friday Barnes #1, R.A. Spratt. A series that I’ve been meaning to read for a while, now that summer’s rolling around hopefully I can set aside some time to read it.
- Kite, Melvin Burgess. Quite an old book, I’m not quite sure what about it interests me. It’s less than 200 pages long so I may as well give it a go.
- Mirror Mirror, Gregory Maguire. While it’s more of a winter read in terms of the setting, I couldn’t resist adding this Snow White inspired novel to my summer TBR.
- Summer of the Gypsy Moths, Sara Pennypacker. I started reading this book a while back but didn’t end up finishing it. I’m hoping that I’ll like it better now that it’s actually summer.
- Once, Morris Gleitzman. I’ve reader books from later in this series but never the first book. I have decided that I should read this one before I pick up the latest release, Maybe.
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time. Another book from a few years back, hopefully I can finally get around to reading it this summer.
- The School for Good and Evil #2 (A World Without Princes), Soman Chainani. I read and enjoyed the first book from this series a few months ago and am planning to read the second and third books before I move onto the fourth book which was only just released.
Feel free to leave any comments down below. Happy Tuesday! 🙂