A very special thanks to Bree over at In Love & Words for nominating me for this award. Be sure to check out her blog if you haven’t already :).
~ Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their post.
~ Answer the 11 questions they asked you.
~ Come up with your own set of questions.
~ Tag your chosen 11 bloggers and don’t forget to tell them as well!
The Questions + My Answers:
Why did you decide to start blogging?
I decided to start blogging to express my love of books, find new reads and, most importantly, to basically just have fun.
What are your Top 5 favorite romance novels.
I’m going to use YA romance (instead of just romance) novels for this list as that’s the genre I’m most familiar with. In no particular order:
- Words in Deep Blue, Cath Crowley
- Beautiful Mess, Claire Christian
- Geekerella, Ashley Poston
- Dreamology, Lucy Keating
- The Loneliest Girl in the Universe, Lauren James (not sure if this would be classified as YA romance but I’m including it anyway :)).
Who are 3 of your insta-buy authors?
- Meg Cabot- her books are always guaranteed to make me laugh.
- Cathy Cassidy- I’m a sucker for her sweet romance stories
- Rainbow Rowell- for obvious reasons. 🙂
What type of blog posts do you like to read the most?
I love reading creative book tag posts because everyone always comes up with such interesting answers! Posts where bloggers collaborate are always interesting too.
What type of blog posts do you like to write the most?
I love writing this kind of post or other posts where I get to be creative & basically just write down whatever comes into my head. 🙂
What is the last book you purchased and why?
I recently purchased The School for Good and Evil; A World Without Princes by Soman Chainani and Knocked Out By My Nunga-Nungas by Louise Rennison from a second hand book shop. I purchased them because they are both books from part way through series that I really want to finish/continue with this year.
What was your favourite blog post that YOU’VE written in 2017?
Possibly my post of October & November reads as the format is really cool (it’s an infographic). I would love for you to check it out.
What do you do for a living?
Nothing! I’m actually still in school… Shock! Horror! In terms of what I’m thinking of doing in the future… Well, I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it. 🙂
Approximately how many books do you read in a week?
I usually read 2-3 books each week but it really does vary depending on what’s going on in my life at that time. Some weeks I’ll only read one and other weeks I’ll read up to five.
Do you write reviews for every book you read? If not, what determines whether you write a review or not?
I don’t write reviews for every book I read, I would love to and I look up to those who do, but it’s just too impractical for me. I’ll usually write a book review if it fits into one of these categories:
- I have to. This is a pretty obvious one but I’ll write a review if it’s part of a book challenge (Beat the Backlist, MMD Reading Challenge etc.) or if I received the book from the publisher/Netgalley in return for an honest review.
- If I have strong feelings towards the book. These are the books that would be rated 5,4 or 1 star(s) (occasionally 2 stars as well).
- It’s a popular/widely hyped about book and/or a recent release. Sometimes I’ll write a review just because of how much attention it’s already received. These are usually recent releases so the categories sort of overlap.
What is your dream job?
My dream job would be to own a bakery… I love baking so this would really be the ideal way to spend my life.
Make sure to check out these great blogs. To those who were nominated; I would love to read your responses so make sure to leave a link in the comments below. 🙂
+ Anyone else who wants to take part!
- What are your favourite book to movie conversions?
- What genre of books are you hoping to read more of in 2018?
- What is your favourite blog post (by a blogger other than yourself) that you’ve seen in the last 2 weeks?
- What is your most anticipated release for the remainder of 2018?
- Favourite fictional couple from a book you recently finished?
- Where and when (place & time of day) do you most like to read and/or blog?
- Favourite bookish setting that you would most like to visit?
- Favourite non-human character from any book you’ve read?
- What was a book that you didn’t like as much as you were expecting to?
- How do you track the books that you read (if at all)?
- And finally, one fact that not many people know about you?
Thanks once again to Bree for nominating me for this award. Hopefully you’ve all enjoyed reading my answers! I wish I could nominate all of you fabulous people for this award but unfortunately had to stick to 11. 🙂