Has it really been 2 years?! I almost couldn’t believe it when I logged on a few days ago to find this message in my notifications feed. Admittedly, I wasn’t blogging regularly for most of last year. However, I’m still pretty proud of myself for sticking at it for this long!
I’ve always found it a little disheartening to see book bloggers who have been posting for mere months reaching hundreds of followers while I’ve been around for years (well 2, but still 😉) and haven’t even managed to crack 100 (I just need 1 more follower…1 more!). If there’s one thing that blogging has taught me, however, is to not compare myself to others; everyone is on their own journey and their progress can’t be put against mine.
But enough with the sappy stuff. To celebrate this small miracle, here are some little known facts about me!
- A competition with my friends was how I originally got into blogging. We were making educational blogs in class & I suggested a little friendship rivalry to see who could create the best hobby blog. After a little thought, A Happy Little Bookworm was born. (And yes, I did win the competition 😉)
- My all time favourite author is Roald Dahl. Really, who doesn’t love Roald Dahl? I’ve read almost all his books (excluding Going Solo & his adult novels) and The Witches, BFG, Matilda & Esio Trot are some of my favourites.
- My hair is currently dip dyed purple. Slightly random, I know, but I’m honestly just super hyped to have my hair purple. It’s been my favourite colour forever & this is the 2nd time I’ve dyed the ends purple.
- I have approximately 100 books on the bookshelf in my room. Even after clearing out a few of my unwanted childhood books, I still have at least 100 books in my room and many, many more in a bookshelf in the living room.
- My favourite non-fiction book is Speeches That Changed The World. I received this book as a debating prize and have loved it ever since. With speeches by everyone from Karl Marx to Martin Luther King Jr., it’s a book I know I’ll treasure for years to come.
I’m so, so happy to have reached the 2 year mark on A Happy Little Bookworm and am so grateful to everyone that has been a part of this journey. Free hugs for everyone! 😊