These past few years have brought a superfluity of amazing book to movie conversions. Here are a few of my favourites, as well as some that I am dying to see.
- Everything Everything. A great book & sweet movie.
- Wonder. How can you not fall in love with Augie, Wonder’s adorable protagonist? The book transitioned well into a movie.
- Ready Player One. This is the first on the list where I actually liked the movie more than the book. Directed by Steven Spielberg, I loved how the movie really brought the story to life.
- Love Simon. Amazing book complemented by a deservingly amazing movie. I watched the movie twice in the space of 24hrs I loved it so much.
- A Series of Unfortunate Events (TV show). While I liked (but didn’t love) the movie of A Series of Unfortunate Events, I am a die hard fan of the Netflix TV show.
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before. I haven’t actually read the book, but the movie was cute in a teen movie kind of way.
Want to read/see
- Crazy Rich Asians. One that I am intrigued to watch & read.
- Where’d You Go, Bernadette (Estimated release 2019). I’m not too sure what the story is about but I’ve heard a lot about it.
Have you read any of these books or seen any of the movies? Have you ever liked the movie more than the book? What’s your favourite boom to movie/TV conversion?