Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by That Artsy Girl. This week’s topic is all about the longest books you’ve read. This seems like a really intriguing topic to me as, while a few titles come to mind, I’m usually deterred by longer novels as I’m scared that they will drag on longer than necessary.
Image credit goes to Goodreads.
- The Gentlemen’s Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzie Lee (513 pages). Like many fellow fans, I saved every page of the book.
- What If It’s Us by Adam Silvera & Becky Albertalli (448 pages). My most recent read from this list, despite worrying it would drag on, I actually found the book to be rather action packed.
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell (481 pages). A little slow but still a sweet book…? I can’t help but feel that the book’s hype skews my opinion slightly.
- Whisper to Me by Nick Lake (530 pages). I’ll take any opportunity I get to praise this book (it really is that good 😉). Trust me when I say the 530 pages fly by.
- Blink and You Die (Ruby Redfort #6) by Lauren Child (560pages). Both the longest book on my list and the longest book in the Ruby Redfort series, I was enthralled in Blink and You Die until the last page.
- Mummun by Jesse Andrews (407 pages). The length took its toll on this novel’s pace and it ended up a little slow & boring.
- Head Over Heels (Geek Girl #5) by Holly Smale (416 pages). While it’s definitely not my favourite novel in the Geek Girl series (certainly still a cute book though), it does hold the title of the longest (not actually sure if this is a good thing…😂).
- Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson (464 pages). Definitely slow-paced which I feel somewhat suits its holiday read appeal.
- Girl In Pieces by Kathleen Glasgow (416 pages). An emotional rollercoaster of a book, the last 150pages were by far my most enjoyable.
- The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani (544 pages). I never actually realised how long this book is (I guessed it was around 400 pages) which probably says something about how thoroughly enthralled I was in it.
What are the longest books that you’ve read (do they beat my 560 pages?)? Do you have any of these books on your TBR? Leave a link to your TTT and I’ll make sure to stop by.