Is it just me or has this year gone super fast (so far)? We’re officially more than halfway through 2018 & I simply can’t believe it. So far, I’ve read 41 of the 80 book goal that I pledged to read for my Goodreads challenge which is certainly promising. I was never tagged for this meme, however I saw it over at Hammock of Books.
- Best Book You’ve Read So Far in 2017? Moonrise by Sarah Crossan. This was a beautifully written book that made me cry (& cry & cry). I would recommend this novel to anyone.
- New Release You Haven’t Read Yet, But Want to? Where I Live by Brenda Rufener was one of my most anticipated reads of this year and I am disappointed to not have found a copy by now. it was released on 27th Feb.
- Most Anticipated Release of the Second Half of 2018? The Lady’s Guide to Petticoats and Piracy by Mackenzi Lee. I’m hopeful that the next instalment in the Gentlemen’s Guide duology will live up to it’s hype.
- Biggest Disappointment? 806 by Cynthia Weil. I didn’t necessarily have super high hopes for this book yet it still bitterly disappointed me.
- Biggest Surprise? The Upside of Falling Down by Rebekah Crane. I wasn’t sure about this one at the start, however, by the end I was well and truly won over.
Image credit goes to Goodreads.
- Favourite New Author? Agatha Christie! I read And Then There Were None a couple of months ago and loved it so much that I immediately went out and found 2 more Christie novels.
- Book That Made You Cry? Definitely Moonrise by Sarah Crossan. You Don’t Know My Name by Kristen Orlando & History is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera are on the list as well.
- Book That Made You Happy? Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli. Overall, a super cute book that made me smile.
- Newest Fictional Crush? Max from Dreamology by Lucy Keating. A great book with an adorable love interest. *swoon*.
- Favourite Review You’ve Written This Year? Most likely The Princess Saves Herself In This One by Amanda Lovelace- Review.
Are you excited for the 2nd half of the year? Have you read any of the books mentioned above? What did you think of them? Feel free to tag yourself & take part in this tag if you haven’t done it yet! 🙂