I promised myself I wouldn’t borrow or buy anymore books until I had read all of the books on my shelf. Did I keep my promise? Of course not! The pull of the library is simply too strong (well, that’s the excuse I’m using, anyway :)). Here are the books that I have added to my physical TBR over the past few days.
Borrowed (from library):
- Dear Nobody, Berlie Doherty. I’ve actually already finished this book. While certain aspects of the structure & writing of the book were a little confusing (the author’s aversion to commas, for example), the ending more than made up for it. A great read- 3.5 stars.
- When Dimple Met Rishi, Sandhya Menon. This book has gotten some wild praise over the past year & with Sandhya Menon’s 2nd book (From Twinkle, With Love) coming out this year, I thought I better pick it up.
- Moonrise, Sarah Crossan. I wasn’t sure about this book as it seemed a little more dystopic than the books I usually gravitate towards. Despite this, it still seems like an interesting read.
Bought (from 2nd hand book shop):
- ‘Knocked Out By My Nunga-Nungas’, Louise Rennison. The third in the series, I was reminded by how much I loved the first book when I saw this one at the 2nd hand book shop. Unfortunately, they didn’t have the second book but I’m sure it will be enjoyable nonetheless.
- The School For Good and Evil; A World Without Princes, Soman Chainani. Another book from a series I started last year, hopefully this one lives up to the first.
Acquired (via Netgalley):
- Down in the Belly of the Whale, Kelly Kay Bowles. I’m not 100% sure why I decided to request this book on Netgalley, however now that I’ve been accepted I’m more than willing to give it a go. 🙂 It’s set to be released on May 5th.
Have you read any of these books? What books have you bought, borrowed or acquired during the past few days to a week? Leave any comments (or a link to a similar post that you’ve written) down below. I look forward to hearing from you! 🙂